Amongst the five senses, the sense of smell is the only one that stimulates our subconscious. This sensation directly stimulates our limbic system, which is our emotional brain, by identifying smells. As a result, it affects our feelings, mood and behavior. The mediators of our sense of smell are aromatherapeutic scents, also known as essential oils.
There are many ways to use essential oils. They help to keep our body, mind and subconscious in a balanced state. These oils can be used with the intention of healing your heart, body and mind.
– The best ways to benefit from the scent and healing properties of essential oils are through censers and diffusers. You can put 2-3 drops of any essential oils into hot water for every 10 square meters of the room / area. Essential oils create a negative ion field, which purifies the air and makes you feel overall better.
– To benefit from the refreshing and energizing effects of grapefruit, before getting out of the shower in the morning, pour a few drops of grapefruit oil into a bowl filled with water and pour over your body. To smell and benefit from the oil for even longer without applying it to your body, you can apply some to your hair or simply smell it in its original form.
– Putting some lavender essential oil or spraying lavender hydrosol on your pillow or bed sheet is a great way to promote calmness, relaxation and to help you fall asleep.
– Incense lovers can burn sage once a week in their homes to help with damp and dark corners. From time to time, adding Frankincense or Harmal oils to the Sage will create a synergistic effect, making it even more effective. For a more practical option, you can mix Frankincense and Sage essential oils with water and alcohol and spray the mixture around.
– You can massage your body once a day with 2 drops of a mix of lavender, cedar or lemon essential oil with 10 ml of any fixed oil (olive oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, etc.). Additionally, you can increase the effects of this mixture by applying it to areas where you can smell it the most, such as the neck, wrists and behind the ear, as well as rubbing the mixture onto your hands and cupping it over your nose and mouth as you breathe it in.
– Adding naturally fermented vinegar (can be prepared at home) to your cleaning mixture, and using this mix to clean your floors, windows and mirrors, will provide the most effective solution to cleaning your home of negative energy.
Before using essential oils, do an allergy test on a small patch of your skin. Pregnant women, those with chronic respiratory diseases and children under 10 years old should use only after consulting with a doctor. Also, make sure that the products used are 100% pure and of high quality in order to benefit from the healing effects of essential oils in the best and most correct way.
Image: shutterstock.com [Denise E]