You don’t need more time or more ingredients to create better-eating habits. So, what is the secret to finding healthier alternatives to cravings that can help satisfy your sweet tooth, without making you feel guilty for indulging in a sugary high-calorie meal? The answer simply lies with substituting an unhealthy ingredient with healthier whole foods that will give you the energy and nutrients that you need, rather than just giving you a quick sugar rush without any nutritional value. These banana pancakes are a perfect example of how you can prepare a healthy, easy, gluten-free breakfast that is rich in protein and will fill you up.
The pancakes are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and all-in-all, a perfect way to start your morning.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 100g oats
- 150 ml milk of choice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil / Olive oil
- Blend oats in a blender until a flour-like consistency is reached, and pour into a separate bowl.
- Add cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Blend the banana and eggs till mixture is smooth and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Add your choice of milk and mix to combine.
- Heat up a non-stick pan with a bit of coconut oil or olive oil and start cooking your pancakes.
- Cook one side for about a minute or until golden brown on the bottom, then flip it over to the other side and cook for another minute.
- Using a spatula, transfer the pancakes to a serving plate.
- Serve the pancakes while still hot, with bananas, fresh berries and a bit of maple or agave syrup.
Enjoy your meal!
Image: 123rf.com [ Olena Rudo ]