This delicious middle-eastern dip or meze goes with everything! Hummus’s primary ingredient, chickpeas, is high in protein, fibre and a rich source of vitamins and minerals, helping to provide a number of health benefits that can all contribute towards preventing different diseases. The daily consumption of hummus can help lower bad cholesterol and has been proven to reduce the risk of cancer.
- 2 drained cups of well-cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin or paprika, plus a sprinkling for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Put everything except the parsley in a food processor and continue blending until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, add more lemon juice if needed.
When plated, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle some cumin or paprika on top. Lastly, garnish with parsley.
……and enjoy this delicious healthy food!
by Aysenur Tuba Gögenur
Image: 123rf.com [ Olena Danileiko ]