Kashkak is one of the oldest known dishes in the history of Anatolian food culture. It has remained unchanged for centuries. In addition to its carbohydrate and protein content, it also contains vitamins and minerals. It is quite substantial and that makes kashkak indispensable. Because of these features, kashkak is a symbol of power, abundancy and strength.
The main ingredients used in making kashkak are meat and wheat. Wheat, which is an alternative nutritional source for healthy nutrition, has many health benefits.
Wheat, which is an energy store, is good for heart health and contributes to eye health. Since wheat is rich in selenium, it provides skin nutrition and helps to combat acne on the skin. Wheat also nourishes hair follicles. Since it contains vitamin B, it supports the body to maintain its functions in a healthy way. Wheat is useful for the digestive system as it contains a large amount of fiber. Wheat helps to balance blood sugar level in body. Finally, kashkak is a traditional wedding, festive and celebratory dinner. It is the symbol of brotherhood and togetherness.
- 500gr wheat
- 300gr lamb neck
- One onion
- 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Soak the wheat in plenty of water the day before, wash it occasionally by rubbing and change its water.
- Put the meat in a large pot and seal it with a little olive oil.
- Chop the onion and add to the meat.
- Put the wheat you have washed into the pot and add water.
- First, allow to boil on high heat, then cook for two hours on low heat.
- Add salt.
- After the wheat is completely swollen, stir it with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan and add flaked pepper.
- Put kashkak on the serving plate and add the butter and chili pepper you prepared.
Enjoy your meal. Aysenur Tuba Gögenur
Image: [Fatima Hilal Baskoylu ]